HARRISBURG – Two Senate committees will hold a joint hearing on Monday, June 15 from 10 a.m. until noon to examine the Pennsylvania Turnpike’s plan to lay-off at least 500 employees as part of its switch to an all-electronic tolling system.
Senate Transportation Committee Chair Senator Kim Ward (R-39) and Senate Labor and Industry Committee Chair Senator Camera Bartolotta (R-46) said the hearing would include testimony from:
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Chief Executive Officer Mark Compton.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Chief Operating Officer Craig Shuey.
- Current and Past Pennsylvania Turnpike Commissioners.
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters International Vice President-East William Hamilton.
- Teamsters Local Union 250 Secretary-Treasurer and Principal Officer Charles Gaston.
The hearing will be streamed live at www.pasenategop.com. Video and testimony will be available on the Senate Transportation Committee and the Senate Labor and Industry Committee websites after the hearing.
CONTACT: Nolan Ritchie email@example.com (Senator Ward)
Eric Kratz firstname.lastname@example.org (Senator Bartolotta)